- “Energy Roadmap to Support Low Carbon Economy in China and Hong Kong” by Mr CHAN Siu Hung, JP, Managing Director - Nuclear, CLP Holdings Ltd.
- “Duties of Directors When Company is in Financial Difficulties” by Mr Victor Jong (Partner) and Mr Christopher So (Associate Director), Business Recovery Services Group, PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- “Can we Forecast Financial Crisis?” by Dr Dong He, Executive Director of Research, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- “The Exhibition Industry in Hong Kong” by Mr. KS Tong, Managing Director of TKS Exhibition Services Ltd.
- “Securities and Futures Commission Talk” by Ms Vicky Lau, the Assistant Manager of External Relations of SFC.
- “Lessons Learned from the Crisis in the European Union” by Mr. Othmar Karas, the Vice President of the Group of European People’s Party.
- “The Most Important Thing: Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor” by Mr. Howard Marks, the Chairman and Cofounder of Oaktree Capital Management.
- Seminar by Mr. Eoin O’Shea, COO of Credit Suisse Asia.
- “Education vs Experience: Managing Funds Successfully” by Mr. Simon Davies, Executive Chairman of Threadneedle Investments.
- HSBC Forum by Mr. Peter Wong, Group Managing Director and Chief Executive of The Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
- LVMH Executive Seminar by Mr. Andrew Wu, Group Director for China, LVMH.
Field trips are part of the course which enable our students have a good understanding in different business dynamics and economies. Students will be beneficial for obtaining beyond classroom knowledge, experiences and local industry intelligence throughout the field trips. In general, a field trip will be led by our professor visiting a range of companies, institutions and government departments. Throughout the MBA programme, students may have an opportunity to take part in a field trip in Macau, Shanghai and Europe.
HKU MBA builds up a platform for connecting our current students with the business community by organizing a range of student clubs besides our regular curriculum. Club activity is a vital part of HKU MBA experience which enables our students to network with our alumni; explore and motivate their personal interests; build valuable leadership skills and develop organizational skills. Currently, we have 4 clubs:
- Asia Business and Networking Club
- Consulting Club
- Entrepreneurship Club
- Finance Club
Varied club activities bring different business professionals on campus to share their success or the latest developments in their field with our MBA students. Sharing topics included mergers and acquisition, financial turmoil management, operation management in China, and global marketing overview, etc. Previously, our clubs invited Aliababa, Santander Bank, ING Asset Management, BNP Paribas and Bloomberg, etc, they were benefit greatly from learning their career experience in today's global environment. Besides, local and international business organizations visit helps and equips students with essential skill and information, last year visit included: Li & Fung, Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Goldman Sachs and Bloomberg TV, etc.
Our students receive regular invitations extended from MBA office to attend conferences and workshops which are organized by varied associations and chambers of commerce. By participating these conferences and workshops, our students will benefit from enhancing their soft skill and industry insights.