To strengthen alumni network, your participation is very important for the success of Alumni Services. Through involvement as student mentors, career coach, industry contacts and internship providers, HKU MBA Alumni Services opens a broad connection between our students and the business world.
Once you step out of the school, you are equipped to be lifelong leaders. Do you want to share your insights to young professionals? Do you want to play a vital role on a student's life?
Mentors, learn as much as mentees.
Give honest Feedback, help mentee to set goals and make better decisions
Mentees, drive the relationship.
Be eager and hungry to learn
The Mentorship Programme facilitates students and alumni to develop mentor-mentee relationship. It connects students to experienced graduates who are senior executives and professionals to achieve the following objectives of each side.
- To connect young professionals to strengthen the Alumni community and expand network
- To influence future business leaders through providing guidance and sharing relevant experience
- To facilitate knowledge exchange on new business trends and industry development
- To connect with senior professionals to obtain real-life business knowledge
- To enhance and enrich your MBA experience
- To strengthen your communication and networking skills
For any person starting the MBA journey it is common to have many questions such as which elective to choose, what is the best way to form a group, how to balance in class and extra-curricular activities, network in HK and so on.
Buddy Programme is designed to connect our recent graduates with our current full-time students so that the seniors can help and share their experience. Such knowledge transfer is essential for smooth transition and building the HKU MBA community.
What are the roles of a buddy?
- To share their MBA experience and advice the current students. Provide insights and direction about the programme and other related activities.
- Share your job search and career development story along with industry knowledge.
- Continue to build your professional network in Hong Kong through these students.